Since 1995 the Center of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (CNyN), UNAM, Campus Ensenada, has carried out uninterruptedly this event whose main goal is presenting the latest results on Materials Science from research performed in prestigious institutions of Mexico and abroad. The first sixteen editions, the Symposium was named “Simposio en Ciencia de Materiales”; years later, between 2012 and 2014, the Symposium name was changed according to its new international scope and a change name of our institution: Centro de Nanociencias y Nanotecnologia (CNyN). In these years this event was named International Symposium on Nanoscience and Nanomaterials. In 2015 the event went back to a national scope and its name switched to Simposio de Nanociencias y Nanomateriales. From 2018 the Symposium of Nanoscience and Nanomaterials (IV SNN) has been jointly organized by CNyN and CICESE (Centro de Investigación Científica y Estudios Superiores de Ensenada). To date, there has been 25 editions of this academic event presenting the opportunity to stimulate interactions, to exchange experiences and to strengthen or initiate new collaborations.
This 2020 edition, the Symposium of Nanoscience and Nanomaterials (SNN2020) will take place on April 20-23, 2020 in Ensenada, B.C. We hope we meet you here.
Dr. Jessica Koehne
Physical Scientist; Center for Nanotechnology; NASA Ames Research Center
Professor Cid Bartolomeu de Araújo
Fellow of OSA; TWAS Member of the Brazilian Academy of Science
Professor Prashant K. Jain
Associate Professor of Chemistry; Associate Professor of the Materials Research Lab; Associate Professor of the Beckman Institute University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Professor Vladimir FALKO
Director of National Graphene Institute; co-Director of EPSRC CDT Graphene-NOWNANO; Editor-in-Chief of IoP Journal ‘2D; University of ManchesterMaterials’
Social media updates
- Roberto Sanginés de Castro, Chair
- Ana G. Rodríguez Hernández
- Andrés Zárate Romero
- David Domínguez Vargas
- Ernesto Cota Araiza
- Javier Alonso López Medina
- Jesús M. Siqueiros Beltrones
- Juan Águila Muñoz
- Laura Viana Castrillón
- Noé Díaz de León Hernández
- Noemi Abundiz Cisneros
- Raúl Rangel Rojo
- Raúl Tafolla Rodríguez
- Susana Meraz
- Advanced materials and physics of nanostructures
- Physical-chemistry of nanomaterials and nanocatalysis
- Tech innovation in nanoscience
Fees and contact
|Category||Early Payment (Until March 20, 2020) (MXN)||On-Site Payment (or after march 20, 2020) (MXN)|
|Research or Posdoc1||$ 600.00||$ 1,200.00|
|Student2||$ 400.00||$ 600.00|
|Congress Registration3||$ 200.00
- Research or Posdoc: The conference registration fee includes the Certificate of participation and 1 pass for the Gala Dinner.
- Student: The conference registration fee includes the Certificate of participation and 1 pass for the Gala Dinner. Valid student ID is required AND must be added to the invoice copy file.
- Congress Registration: The conference registration only includes the Certificate of attendance.
- Workshops: Includes the access to a single workshop and the Certificate of attendance.
Payment instruction coming soon
Departamento de Información Académica (DIA)
Universidad Autónoma de Baja California
S/N Punta Morro, C.P. 22860
Ensenada, Baja California, México